Thursday, January 6, 2011

Raggedy Revisited


The holidays left me feeling just a little drained, and yet the creative urges have had me pacing the floor at times. Nervous energy with no place to go and express itself. Out of desperation for another quick project, I created another raggedy scarf. I love these things because they are perfect for keeping the base of the neck cozy without even being aware of them. This is the one I made to wear with a tan tunic. So easy to put together with leftover jersey scraps and whatever additions you feel the urge to use to spice it up. This time I used a little jewelry making and wire wrapping to hold it together and pretty it up. After making this one, I am now thinking of challenging myself to do a daily creation out of something that I might think was too worthless to bother with. Why? ...Because I have been noticing that there are many very creative and inspiring projects done with what I would consider a throw-away thing. Another bigger reason is that it would really challenge my creative nature and send it to another level.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful and very personal outfit enhancer! A great way to find release from nervous tension and stress overload situations ...
    Happy New Year, Mardi!
    Keep on spoiling us with your wonderful imaginative projects!

    ReplyDelete