Sunday, March 15, 2015

Let There Be Beautiful Light

This week in the studio, I was working away at one project and in typical ADD/ADHD fashion, another idea sideswiped me to set what I was doing aside and do this...



I did this with 3 feet by 12 inches of organza, about 5 feet of brassy beads, and a sheet of floral paper.  The chandelier chain was about 2 feet long.
  1. Tuck the fabric in at the top of the chandelier, perhaps anchoring it with thread or a tiny wire.
  2. Spiral it around evenly and tuck the bottom edge in.
  3. Wrap the beads from the center, going around snugly twice a the top and then crisscrossing them to the bottom where I used a thin piece of wire to clasp together.
  4. I cut the paper into strips and made tubes that fit around the plastic tubes under the lights
Time:  maybe 30 minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment