Saturday, December 27, 2008

What day is it anyway?

Time has been in a blender lately, ...and the world is upside-down. At every turn, there is some new critical to-do thing to take care of. My list of to-dos keeps growing instead of getting shorter. With the holidays, and the hubby off work (you can do that when you are the boss), and my Mom living here with us now, my alone time is limited to early morning hours when no-one else is awake. It is the only time I get to play on the computer now. I am counting on some balance here soon, so I can get back to what feels normal for me. Alone time. (thinking of this wistfully...) This is my time for regenerating, new ideas, creative thinking and giving in to somewhat selfish desires. Whether it is watching a few minutes of some TV program focused on cleaning and organizing a trashed house (I watch to assure myself I am NOT that bad!), or browsing for inspiration for a new knitting project, meditating, or getting out of the house altogether, I adore my alone time. I am addicted to it, ...it keeps me going. Knitting has been really off lately too. Some old Christmas stockings were discovered in an attic box by a daughter-in-law, and since there were mine and one for my mother, I had to do one for my sweet hubby. Digging into the stash, I pulled out the old ends left from stockings past, and started out. I have done several version of the old Bucilla patterns, which I have saved. This one is Santa coming or going from a chimney by the light of a crescent moon. I struggled with the entire awful thing! I am now a yarn snob, and that nasty acrylic was a nightmare to work with. It was so stiff and had no elasticity. Combined with my tight tension, the patterning of the changing yarns ended up creating a sculpted Santa. There was no way I was re-knitting anything! My wrists and hands are still complaining. Now, I am working on a pair of socks for the hubby. For months now he has been asking when I was going to make him something. The socks were a Christmas gift. I have jokingly told him they may be done by next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment