Cajun CornYield: 2 1/2 quarts
- 2 1/2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
*Throw in some nuts or other munchie snacks to add interest.
- Pour butter over warm popcorn.
- Combine remaining seasonings and sprinkle over popcorn; toss to mix.
- Bake in 300-degree Fahrenheit oven for crispy popcorn.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Here we are with just one more day to go before the first day of our Stay-cation! Yay! I am not exactly ready to go, ...or shall I say "stay," but tomorrow will have to be a day to set it all up. Even as hurricane Irene is looming this way, I am making plans. Food in plenty is in the frig and pantry, and one of the things I have planned for the week is munchies. One special favorite is a spicy and crunchy recipe I was gifted years ago by a good friend who is a caterer. Because I promised never to give it away without forfeiting my life, I offer an alternative from popcorn.org which shares similarities.