Thursday, September 3, 2015

Love My Granddaughter

I raised sons.  Although they loved cooking and we had our kitchen fun, they were too bouncy to want to learn other crafts from my experience.  My first home-ec class in junior high had me passionately wanting to learn more, more, more.  I stayed with it and in college I majored in Textiles and Design.  I sewed nearly everything for my family, and made sewing a part-time career.  It was like breathing to me.  Having excellent sewing knowledge and skills, I used to teach classes to pass on what I knew.  Now, my grown-up granddaughter is showing an interest in learning the skill. I am so very proud of her and happy to share  a little of what I know.  My first machine so many years ago was also a Brother.  I do have to admit these completely computerized models make me appreciate my old basic work horse.  ...And the old Brother?  It's still going strong ...whenever my sister has mending to do.







No comments:

Post a Comment