Friday, April 24, 2009

Faded Roses


Finished!!!! The Cloud Bolero by Ysolda Teague is done!!!! I wore it all afternoon yesterday, and love it! Didn't even block it. I am not sure what blocking does for a cotton and nylon knit (ouch!). I think it is mostly for wooly wonders. It is such a cute shrug, but I am not sure whether I will be doing Solstice gifts of it though. Maybe I could get the hang of it? Its amazing that I didn't go insane with all the knitting/frogging/knitting/frogging/knitting I had to do. Once I decided to use straight needles it was so much better. …But I really don’t like the straight aluminum needles. Way too slippery. Sure wish I could find a way to use the circs without losing track of the stitches because the markers slip though.

I am also about to finish the Riverstone Vest by Jane Thornley. It was love at first sight. I love my vests, and have several. This one will be a real fashion statement as it is long and drapey, in shades of rust and copper, alternated with dark brown and mossy green. I am calling it Moss and Clay. ...Can't wait to get it done and wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment