Monday, April 5, 2010

Spicy Coffee

Something that has been on my frequent list of beverages to enjoy is now Spicy Coffee. I am not a big coffee drinker, and my daily beverage of choice is tea. However, this year for Valentine's Day (which I can't believe I didn't blog about!), I made a recipe I found for CafĂ© Brulot (coffee with cinnamon and a jigger of brandy). "Brulot," …Now this means flaming! I had never done this before. "...warm the brandy in a warm soup ladle and then ignite and pour over the coffee." After looking at a few videos, it looked tricky. I have seen everything form the desired success, to people setting fires that they had not intended, to complete dudly failures. Mine fell into the latter category. However, the coffee was delicious. Since then, I have enjoyed Spicy Coffee a few times a week, saving the brandy for special occasions!

The Recipe:
  • Coffee
  • Orange peel, just a few slices
  • Whole cloves to taste
  • Cinnamon stick, broken up
  • Brandy, just a jigger ...optional!
I placed the goodies into the pot of my 2-cup coffee maker, and then brewed the coffee. Then, allow the coffee to steep for several minutes to infuse it with the orange peel, cinnamon and cloves. Pour into mugs, add brandy and give a stir. Yummmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment