Friday, October 1, 2010

The Tan on Tan is Finished!


Done after what seemed too much deliberating, here is the new cowl...

Based in the shape of a triangle, it is a series of triangles that fade into each other through blending the yarn.

I love garments like this with generous fabric and fit. I also like things to be feminine but not fussy. Practical not excessive and stroppy. (That's a new word I just learned! Isn't is a fun word? ...Look it up.) Now, that's not to say that a pair of earrings are not practical. They serve a purpose if they fill in the artistic balance of a look. It could also serve to draw attention to the face, or accentuate a hairstyle. I rarely wear earrings and a necklace at the same time. It seems too overdone and like adding too much frosting to the cake. I want people to admire the "cake" and not the frosting on the cake. Garments and accessories should bring out the best of the wearer, not overshadow the wearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment