Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hot Pants are Back!

Here are some results of research I have been doing lately on fashion trends. I am in a slow process of giving myself a new wardrobe based on comfort and action.

Fashion trends for 2010
  • Denim is coming in big, tight, stretchy and distressed!
  • Ruffles
  • 80's looks
  • Layers
  • Mesh & nudity
  • Texture
  • Patterns stripes, floral, dots, and animal prints
  • Short shorts and skirts
  • Glamour and lots of it!


Amazing to me is that I just allowed myself to get rid of hundreds of 80's patterns I have saved for all these years. Well, I did keep some special patterns. There is a Betsy Johnson long sleeve T with hot pants. (See pattern on left second from the right. I see this look everywhere on the fashion sights. Love that Betsy! What a style setter she was and still keeps the faith today. Still wild 'n wonderful after all these years. Now, don;t get me wrong, I have no intention of getting back into hot pants. Leggings, yes! But I must admit to owning a few bumps and bulges that would be gag me with a spoon ugly, ...and ugly ain't chique baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment