Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Creativity Bootcamp Day 12


Creativity Bootcamp Day 12

The days challenge is the theme "SMOOTH"

So what is smooth? Something like a smoothie?

Smoothies are so simple and so delicious and refreshing on a hot summer day. Our temps have been close to 100 F on both sides this past week. So this tall cool one really hit the spot. First, I cut up fruit into small chunks so that they puree in the blender easily. I like to use ripe bananas as the foundation and add other fruit to this. For each person, I take 1/2 frozen banana, and a handful of other fruits. This one has yummy ripe peach slices added in, but strawberries, blueberries, and other fruits are great too. I add about 1/2 cup of juice (not too sweet as this is already very sweet, I used Gojiberry this time, but like apple cider too), and perhaps a few ice cubes and blend on high speed, sometimes adding a little bit of water if its too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment