Thursday, July 8, 2010

Creativity Bootcamp Day 9 ....Grumble, grumble.....


DRIZZLE

OK, I have gotten behind with the bootcamp big time! Well, I have not been totally off track though. With preparation for the Fourth of July and long weekend and everyone home 24/7, I had my hands full. Life is like that and we just do the best we can. Being a rather practical person, I like to make moments count and I just can't do something because it is something to do. Tomorrow(?), I will tackle Day 8 (ornament) , the jewelry stringing issue head on, and intend to be back knocking out projects and getting to the finish line with the bootcamp. ...After all, it's only a few more days! I have come too far to quit now! However, there is one thing that requires my attention today, and that is making a cake for 30 people. It's my mother's birthday, and I am taking cake to the senior center she has been going to for a few hours each weekday for nearly two years now.

I make my cakes from scratch. Always have. Its not that hard to do, and the end result is so worth it.
This one is Boston Cream Pie. ...and guess what?!!! Bootcamp Day 9's challenge is "Drizzle." That certainly sounds like chocolate glaze topping on the cake! I plan to cut the cupcakes in half and spread a filling, replace the top and add chocolate glaze. Here is the recipe I followed. It's a petty good one, but I think the cakes are a little too dense. The one thing that really made me crazy was the way measurements were listed. I like to see a list of ingredients that tells me ALL I need of one thing. This had the ingredients broken up between the cake, filling and glaze, but had no separations that made me think about that. I also like to see separate sections for each part, not listed as the next step. Anyway, they are done now, and ready to go to the center for devouring. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment