Creativity Bootcamp Day 8
An obvious solution for the "ornament" challenge is jewelry! This is almost too easy, as I have been thinking on a new pair of earrings for a few weeks now. It almost feels like cheating, as I didn't have to wrack my brain over what I could do. However, it makes up for Day 7's challenge that took me a few days to figure out before it came in like a lightning bolt. Sometimes though, even a simple thing can take on aspects of complexity. Dabbler that I am, I have tried using carpet thread for a few past projects that I wanted to dangle and have freedom of movement. After a few wears, the thread has stretched. so, I made a quick stop at the nearby bead store to make inquiries about what I ought to use to get this limp noodley result. What I was told was to use a nylon thread. It looks just like that nasty stuff that they used to sew into garments and the ends would poke out mercilessly attacking any skin within reach. I already tried some of that stuff years ago. It doesn't hold up well against wear, breaking easily. So, I am paused, once again looking for a solution.
In the meantime, I have been working on the Aruba sweater. The front is finished now.